Punters have never had it so good. In a world of rapidly progressive technology and ever-changing ways to bet, the days of punting solely in the betting shop and on the racecourse are long gone.
Since the invention of Betfair in 2000 and the mass move online, bookmakers have never been closer to their customers. Punters are able to place bets at the click of a button - on the move, from the pub and even in the office - and the gambling industry has boomed because of it.
Football has taken over as the market leader but horseracing is still hugely popular, while odds on other popular sports have opened them up to a fresh audience - the punters.
But in a world of glaring screens and flickering numbers can come confusion. Whether you're a newcomer or a seasoned bettor, the Racing Post Betting Guide provides a comprehensive look at betting in the current climate, covering horseracing, football and other major sports such as golf, cricket and tennis.
The views of our unparalleled team of experts can help shape your thinking. Call on the Racing Post's unrivalled expertise, soak up all the knowledge you can and become a better bettor.
Among the chapters to consider are:
- Ten top tips by Pricewise supremo Tom Segal
- Studying the form by tipping judge Paul Kealy
- Football accas and in-play by Mark Langdon
- Punting at the big festivals by David Jennings
- Golf betting and the Majors by Steve Palmer
- Betting on the favourites by Richard Birch
- Tackling the handicaps by Keith Melrose
Flexi-bind, 256 pages, published September 6th